Top 7 Raw SUPERFOODs
7) Maqui sources say that the Maqui berry has the highest amount of antioxidants of any berry on the market.
Anti-oxidents protect the body from toxins, chemicals and free radicals that cause harm. The fact that the berry is packed with antioxidants is one of the reasons it often contributes to weight loss. Ridding our body of toxins allows our bodies to become healthier. Often, weight loss is a result of this.
6) Camu Camu contains powerful phytochemicals with health benefits, including the amino acids and more Vitamin C than any other known plant in the world. The camu-camu fruit has a surprising range of therapeutic effects. Camu-Camu is energizing, mood-lifting and highly effective in strengthening the immune system.* The Camu-Camu fruit is about the size of a large grape and has a purplish red skin with a yellow pulp.
5) Spirulina Spirulina is one of a family of nutritional algaes, along with chlorella. They are usually found in warm and alkaline waters all over the world, predominantly in South America, Africa, and Mexico. The name “spirulina” is derived from the Latin word for “helix” or “spiral”; reflecting the physical configuration of the organism as it forms swirling, microscopic strands.Spirulina contains about 70% protein, vitamin E, vitamin C, beta carotene, B vitamins and chlorophyll. It also has abundant essential fatty acids, B vitamins, antioxidants and minerals like calcium, iron, magnesium, manganese, potassium and zinc.
Especially important for vegetarians,one tablespoon of spirulina provides about 300%
of your RDA for vitamin B-12.
4) Mangosteen The indigenous people of Southeast Asia have for centuries treasured and revered the exotic fruit Mangosteen for its exquisite taste and multiple health benefits.
They used the fruit to prevent and treat infections, diarrhea, dysentery and eczema. They also used Mangosteen to control fever, reduce pain, treat inflammation and a variety of other common ailments.
3) Acai Dr. Perricone calls this berry the number one superfood in his book “The Perricone Promise”.
The berry is extremely rich in antioxidants, amino acids and essential fatty acids. With 15-20 times the antioxidants as red grapes,
The extremely high concentration of antioxidants, omega fatty acids, amino acids, fiber and other nutrients are the reason this superfood has so
many benefits, such as:
- Promote weight loss
- Increase energy and stamina
- Fight heart disease, diabetes, cancer and other diseases
- Boost the immune system
- Improve the digestive system
- Reduce the effects of aging
- Improve vision
- Increase sex drive
2) Cacao Norman Hollenberg, professor of medicine at Harvard Medical School
spent years studying the benefits of cocoa drinking on the Kuna people in Panama. He found that the risk of 4 of the 5 most common killer diseases: stroke, heart failure, cancer and diabetes, is reduced to less then 10% in the Kuna. They can drink up to 40 cups of cocoa a week. Natural cocoa has high levels of epicatechin. The health benefits of epicatechin, the compound found in cocoa, are so striking that it may rival penicillin and anaesthesia in terms of importance to public health, reports Marina Murphy in Chemistry & Industry
‘If these observations predict the future, then we can say without blushing that they are among the most important observations in the history of medicine,’ Hollenberg says. ‘We all agree that penicillin and anaesthesia are enormously important. But epicatechin could potentially get rid of 4 of the 5 most common diseases in the western world, how important does that make epicatechin?… I would say very important’
1) Chia seeds Omega-3 fatty acids are required by your body as a primary building block of every cell in your body. The phrase “you are what you eat” becomes clear here.
700% more omega 3 than salmon
500% more calcium than milk
200% more iron than spinach
100% more potassium than bananas
1400% more magnesium than broccoli
100% more fiber than bran flakes
500% more protein than kidney beans
300% more selenium than flax seeds
800% more phosphorus than whole milk
more anti-oxidants than blueberries’
more folate than asparagus
This complete whole raw food should be consumed by everyone from kids to seniors because of the chia seeds health benefits.