I LOVE bath teas. They are so therapeutic and blissful, and very very inexpensive.
This sage bath tea is my go-to bath tea for when I feel a cold coming on. The sage is a potent anti-viral and has many immune building properties. Remember that our skin absorbs the water from the tub or shower we bathe in. Sitting in a rich sage tea can encourage your body into a place of optimal wellness.
Sage Bath Tea
4-6 sprigs fresh sage
1 gallon water
Simply boil sage in large pot of water. I help myself to a cup of it to drink while in the tub. I like to add a teaspoon of raw honey to the cup I drink.
Pour pot of sage tea into the warm bath water. Sit for at least 20 minutes and enjoy. Feel the healing properties entering your blood stream.
The kids will enjoy this too!
I like to put the boiled sage leaves on my face for a sage mask while I’m in the tub.
OPTIONAL: I love to add a few drops of our Organic Sage Essential Oil too, this just takes it to the next level due to it’s concentrated nutrients. Read all about Sage essential Oil.
To your health!
This time of year our immune systems can get compromised. This remedy will help nip that cold in the bud, so it doesn’t come to full fruition.
Immune Building Body Butter (organic)
In the palm of your hand mix:
2 tsp Unscented Body Butter (finger full)
2-3 drops peppermint Essential oil
2 drops Holy basil Essential Oil
2 drops Eucalyptus Essential oil
This remedy is sure to please when you feel you are coming down with a cold. The powerful nutrients will get into your blood stream to help prevent the cold from manifesting. It’s therapeutic and medicinal.
This Body Butter is wonderful with just one essential oil as well, any of the above oils offer anti-viral, anti-fungal, anti-septic properties, and more. I encourage you to read the full page on each oil, linked to the recipe, for more detailed information on just how powerful these organic essential oils actually are.
Using organic truly natural plant products offers us, and earth, many benefits. Enjoy!
*Top 6 Raw thoughts on Why To Go ALL Natural with your Beauty Products
1) Lead paints have be recalled, yet lead is still found in major brand name lipsticks.
2) Many popular cosmetic ingredients like sodium laureth sulfate, and tetrasodium EDTA have been proven to be carcinogens, nuero toxins and reproductive toxins in animals~ We are animals.
3) Less than 20% of the synthetic chemicals used in cosmetics are tested for safety.
4) A study by the Environmental Working Group showed an average of 232 toxic chemicals found in the blood of brand new babies.
5)Europe has banned many of the ingredients we allow in cosmetics in the USA, this is disturbing!
6) Harsh, Toxic Industrial Chemicals Are Invading Our Lives, it will not stop unless we stop buying them.
*Top 7 Raw Thoughts on Why It’s Valuable to Use Natural Remedies
1) Statistics prove prescription drugs are 16,400% more deadly than terrorists
2) The number of unnecessary medical and surgical procedures performed annually is 7.5 million. The number of people exposed to unnecessary hospitalization annually is 8.9 million. The total number of iatrogenic [induced inadvertently by a physician or surgeon or by medical treatment or diagnostic procedures] deaths is 783,936.
3)The more of us that use essential oils from plants like cinnamon or holy basil for pain, the less pharmaceutical pain killers will be produced, which means less pollution form the production & byproducts of those drugs. Also, essential oils provide valuable psychological and physical therapeutic benefits.
4) Natural Plant remedies often correct the Cause of an imbalance, while drugs work on the Effect, the symptom. If we treat Effect, we aren’t really healing. When we treat the Cause, we heal.
5)Trace amount of pharmaceuticals make a cocktail of our water. People urinate into municipality water, that water is cleaned with dozens of chemicals, however, many pharmaceuticals do not get successfully removed.
6) Using plants as our medicine puts oxygen in the air, using drug puts pollution in the air.
7) Natural remedies generally have no side effects, pharmaceuticals may have dozens of side effects.
*Top 7 Raw Thoughts on How to Loose Weight While Enjoying Yourself
Make one of my quick, easy & delicious recipes every day
Drink water every day. How much? Your weight divided by 2, in ounces.
Try a ~ raw till dinner, raw with dinner ~ diet
Don’t eat anything that only comes in packaging
Try a dairy fast for 4 weeks, you can do it!
Take a brisk walk every day, even for 10 minutes, even in the cold, bundle up.
Waste= Weight, therapeutically remove waste from the largest organ of your body with our detoxifying salt scrub
*Top 7 Raw Thoughts on Why To Avoid White Sugar
1) Promotes wrinkling and aging skin
2) Makes your blood acidic and compromises the immune system
3) Robs your body of minerals
4) Provides ’empty calories’ with no nutritional value
5) Contributes to weight gain and obesity
6) Increases the likelihood of chronic fatigue
7) Increases mood swings, irritability and anxiety
8) effects the liver in the same way as alcohol does. It can ‘cause fatty liver disease!
*Top 7 Raw Thoughts on Eating For the Mind
1) The neurochemicals natural foods contain help you concentrate, tune motor skills, keep you motivated, magnify memory, speed reaction times, defuse stress, and prevent brain aging.
2) A healthy heart makes for a healthy brain, it’s a blood flow thing
3) Broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, spinach, collards, mustard greens, kale, swiss chard, and bok choy help memory function because of their phytonutrients: anthocyanin and quercetin FOR THOSE OF US ENTERING THE COOL SEASON, IT’S THE
PERFECT TIME OF YEAR FOR PLANTING ALL OF THESE BRAINFOODS! #HomeGrown
4) Onions have been used in India as a folk remedy to boost memory for centuries.
5) an Australian study found that eating plenty of foods rich in folic acid was associated with faster information processing and memory recall.
6) Antioxidants in Chocolate may help lower levels of cortisol—the so-called stress hormone
7)Researchers have found that the carnosic acid in rosemary is neuroprotective, which aids prevention of Alzheimer’s disease and other neurodegenerative brain disorders.