*Guest post by Jennifer Scott from BeautifullyAlive.org
The Beauty Benefits of Black Seed Oil
It’s surprising that most people have never heard of black seed oil. Although it isn’t as widely known as an olive oil or coconut oil, that does not mean the benefits are any less existent. Black seed oil has many different beauty benefits for the hair and skin.
Black seed oil is mostly known for its many benefits for hair. Here are some of the benefits black seed oil can have on hair.
1. Conditions Hair- Black seed oil is known to be a great hair conditioner, especially for
curly hair or hair that tends to frizz easily. Black seed oil conditions the hair by targeting
the hair cells, and nourishing them. It’s also beneficial for softening hair. Just apply 1 to 2
teaspoons of black seed oil to washed hair, and leave on for 20 to 30 minutes. Then
rinse with water and dry hair. Repeat this once a week, and the results are sure to show
in no time!
2. Stimulates Hair Growth- One of the top reasons many people discovered black seed oil
was because of its ability to stimulate hair growth. The reason black seed oil is known for
enabling hair growth is due to the high levels of amino acids that are in it. Amino acids
make the hair protein rich, which first strengthens the hair, and then stimulates growth.
For the most visible results, heat 2 tablespoons of black seed oil until its warm. Make
sure it’s not too hot. Massage the warm black seed oil onto your scalp, and make sure
oil soaks into the hair’s roots. Leave the oil on scalp and in hair for 15 minutes, then
rinse oil out thoroughly with warm water. Repeat this once a week to see the best
outcome for hair growth and strength.
3. Stops Split Ends- The protein strength provided by the amino acids in black seed oil is
also great for repairing hair, especially split ends. Just massage a small amount of black
seed oil onto the ends of your hair, and leave it in overnight. Rinse the oil off the ends in
the morning, and repeat this process one to three times a week.
4. Thicken Eyelashes and Eyebrows- Black seed oil is not just able to enable hair growth
on the head, but also for eyelashes and eyebrows. Rub a small amount of black seed oil
on to eyebrows or eyelashes before bed. In the morning, rinse off oil with warm water on a washcloth. For the most desired effects, repeat this process multiple times a week.
Black seed oil is also known for its wonderful effects for skin.
1. Reduces Acne- Black seed oil contains many properties, including anti-inflammatory
properties that help reduce acne and pimples. The black seed oil helps get rid of the
redness caused by acne inflammation, lessening the appearance of redness and
pimples on the skin. To make a black seed oil mask that also helps reduce acne, mix a
drop of oil in a teaspoon of all natural yogurt. Apply the mask to the face and leave on for 30 minutes. Rinse off with warm water.
2. Moisturizer- Black seed oil is also a great moisturizer due to being rich in essential fatty acids that deeply moisturizes the skin. The fatty acids in the black seed oil, if used
consistently over a substantial amount of time, can also help reduce the appearance of
wrinkles and lines on the skin. For a full body moisturizer, add 1 teaspoon of black seed oil in a cup of coconut oil and rub all over the body, specifically focusing on the elbows,
knees, and heels.
3. Reduces Dark Spots- The Vitamin A and amino acids in black seed oil work well with the fatty acids to brighten dark undertones in skin. Apply a few drops of black seed oil under the eyes a few times a week for the long term disappearance of dark spots.
Try black seed oil for skin and hair health, and all of its other added beauty benefits!
This remarkable guest post is by the creator of Beautifully Alive, Jennifer Scott.